Assigned Certifier – Dublin
At PUNCH, we are looking for an Assigned Certifier to work with our team in our Dublin office.
As an Assigned Certifier you will be responsible for managing the Assigned Certification process on projects on behalf of PUNCH. These projects will range in size from less the €1m to in excess of €100m across a range of project types, which will include residential, commercial, industrial, logistics, leisure, retail, healthcare etc. You will report to the PUNCH Assigned Certifier Manager and local Directors.
Qualifications and Experience
As defined under the BC(A)R legislation and the Building Control Regulations 1997 to 2015 Code of Practice for Inspecting and Certifying Buildings and Works (September 2016 current edition) you will be qualified to perform the role of the Assigned Certifier on a construction project in Ireland. Specifically, you will be one of the following professionals:
- An Architect that is on the register maintained by the RIAI under Part 3 of the Building Control Act 2007; or
- A Building Surveyor that is on the register maintained by the SCSI under Part 5 of the Building Control Act 2007; or
- A Chartered Mechanical or Electrical Engineer on the register maintained by Engineers Ireland under section 7 of the Institution of Engineers of Ireland (Charter Amendment) Act 1969
- A thorough understanding of the construction process
- A thorough understanding of the Building Control Regulations Act (BCaR) and all policy issues around this
- Significant base of IT skills including MS Project, Word, Excel, Power Point, AutoCAD and site monitoring software as used by PUNCH. Plus the ability to source and use new software to benefit project work.
- Implement full Project Delivery Process including a deep understanding of the BCaR online process
- Leadership skills to plan, manage and direct human, material and financial resources in multi-disciplinary teams
- High level of commercial understanding and application
- A successful track record working closely in partnership with clients and contractors and other members of design teams.
- A positive, proactive approach with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios
- Strong interpersonal/people skills with the ability to work in and manage teams
- Self-motivated with ability to work in an unstructured environment
- Understanding the market trends, needs, and opportunities
- Business Effectiveness – lead by example
- Commitment to CPD and competence.
- Commitment to the public interest in all aspects of your work including health, safety, risk, financial, commercial, legal, environmental, social, energy conservation, sustainability
Key Responsibilities, Activities and Deliverables
- Effective delivery of projects to include preparation of all relevant documentation for inclusion in tender documents to include the inspection plan, programming, commencement notice submission process, attend / chair site meetings, manage contractual issues, site monitoring to ensure compliance with building regulations, reviewing of Ancillary Certifier quality monitoring and ensuring their compliance with the inspection plan and record keeping, managing the BCar completion process to include all relevant statutory submissions
- Check concept and technical correctness of work prepared by staff that report to you.
- Effective communication skills to facilitate written and verbal interaction with colleagues, team members, contractors, Local Authority Building Control personnel and Client
- Demonstrate efficient work practices, avoiding abortive work, working within budget, tracking extra services and ensuring the effective use of resources
- Preparation of fee proposals and submissions. Attend interviews and give presentations.
- Develop new Key Client relationships and manage established Key Client relationships
- Develop the technical, commercial and management skills of staff that report to you through mentoring, delegation and training.
- Unite and motivate the staff that report to you through leadership, mutual respect, honest communication and hard work.
- Work to ensure the PUNCH Assigned Certification Business Sector Targets are achieved
- Enhance company profile and assist the Assigned Certifier Manager plus Board of Directors in the promotion of the Company Vision
- Ongoing commitment to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) and working with the Assigned Certifier Manager in ensuring the PUNCH Assigned Certification Department is fully up to date with all the latest statutory requirements
Please submit your CV by email to Vacancies@punchconsulting.com quoting Assigned Certifer – Dublin in the heading.
Back to top