Civil Engineer – Dublin and Galway Offices
PUNCH Consulting Engineers has a vacancy for a Civil Engineer based at our Dublin and Galway Offices.
PUNCH was founded in 1973, and we have offices in Limerick, Dublin, Cork, Galway, and Glasgow. We work on a broad range of projects across such sectors as healthcare, education, conservation, retail, residential, civil infrastructure and environmental. We require an Engineer with passion, skill, and a desire to learn to join our team to deliver the high-profile engineering projects for which we are known.
You will possess a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent, have a minimum of 4 years post graduate experience and be committed to achieving Chartered Status with Engineers Ireland or equivalent.
As a project engineer you will develop not only your technical skills but also your management and commercial skills. You will receive on the job training and take part in the CPD programme that occurs during Office hours. It is also expected that you will undertake CPD out of office hours by the attendance on lectures, seminars etc + technical reading.
- An understanding of engineering principles and a strong technical focus
- IT skills – including MS Word, Excel, basic AutoCAD skills + company design software packages including WINDES and TRICs, HEC-RAS, EPANet
- The ability to identify and apply appropriate scientific methods to solve engineering problems plus knowledge of the limitations of established best practice as defined by Standards and Codes
- Plan and manage the use of human and physical resources for your projects
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Understanding of the Irish regulatory and policy issues
- Appreciation of the full Project Delivery Process including GCCC Contracts
- Knowledge of costing and options appraisal
- Knowledge and understanding of how projects are financed and how funds are obtained and managed
- Commitment to CPD and competence.
- A proactive approach with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- As a project engineer you will manage smaller scale projects and continue to work under the guidance of a more senior member of staff on larger scale projects. Your work should be reviewed and approved prior to issue and will be carried out in accordance with the company ISO procedures.
- Preparation of fee proposals for approval (fees less than €10k)
- Modelling, design and details of Roads, Sewers, Services etc
- Liaise with CAD technicians to produce drawings that reflect design outputs
- Work closely in partnership with Clients, Contractors and other members of the design team.
- Develop effective communication skills to facilitate written and verbal interaction with colleagues, team members, contractors and Clients as necessary
- Consult and visit offices of statutory undertakers etc to determine existing services.
- Prepare of desktop studies
- Liaise with traffic engineers, input in traffic & transportation assessments & mobility studies
- Site visits to assess / report on receiving environment
- Preparation of planning applications and compliance requirements
- Update Project Plan data
- Production of tender documents and specifications
- Prepare risk assessments
- Demonstrate efficient & proactive work practices, thereby contributing to projects that are delivered efficiently, profitably and on programme.
- Attendance at Design / Client / Site meetings
- Site monitoring to ensure compliance with project specifications and best practice
- Development of technical, management and commercial skills
- Designs and detailing in accordance with latest company standards
- In depth technical knowledge across a range of disciplines.
- Work closely in partnership with Clients, Contractors, other members of the design team and colleagues
- Clear, concise and user friendly written and verbal communication
- Increasing effectiveness and efficiency in the work process
- Minimum of 35 hours relevant CPD per year (attained in and out of office hours).
- Attain status as a Chartered Engineer
- Commitment to the public interest in all aspects of your work including health, safety, risk, financial, commercial, legal, environmental, social, energy conservation, sustainability
Salary range: Competitive – Additional Benefits: Paid Holidays, Expenses
Send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref. P-DCCEBack to top