Civil and Traffic Engineer – Dublin Office
At PUNCH, we are looking for Civil & Traffic Engineer to work with our team in our Dublin office (Dun Laoghaire) on a range of major projects.
As a civil & traffic engineer you will be working as part of a team on the design of roads, drainage and water networks for a range of major projects. Your work will be carried out in accordance with the company ISO procedures.
- Honours degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a design office environment.
- An excellent understanding of the engineering principles behind drainage, water, roads and traffic system design.
- Familiarity with DMURS.
- Experience in compiling engineering planning documentation for major projects.
- Experience of producing Flood Risk Assessments.
- Experience in the preparation of Traffic & Transportation Assessments and Mobility Management Plans.
- Road Safety Audit experience beneficial.
- IT skills – including MS Word, Excel, basic AutoCAD skills + company design software packages including Linsig, Causeway Flow, MicroDrainage, TRICs, Tuflow, HEC-RAS, EPANet.
- The ability to identify and apply appropriate scientific methods to solve engineering problems plus knowledge of the limitations of established best practice as defined by Standards and Codes
- Plan and manage the use of human and physical resources for your projects
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Understanding of the Irish regulatory and policy issues
- Appreciation of the full Project Delivery Process including GCCC Contracts
- Knowledge of costing and options appraisal
- Knowledge and understanding of how projects are financed and how funds are obtained and managed
- Commitment to CPD and competence.
- A proactive approach with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios.
A comprehensive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate which includes competitive salary in line with experience, company pension and a commitment to ongoing training and development. PUNCH Consulting Engineers are a highly progressive Engineering consultancy dedicated to continuous investment in technology, a company where staff are given maximum opportunity to utilise their academic qualifications and professional skillset in a collaborative and innovative working environment.
Send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref. P-DCTEBack to top