Flood Modelling Engineer – Dublin/Cork/Limerick/Galway
PUNCH Consulting Engineers have a vacancy for a Civil Engineer specialising in Flood Modelling. This position is available at any of our four offices, depending on the location of the successful candidate.
As a Flood Modelling engineer you will be working closely with senior managers on the delivery of major projects. You will be responsible for the technical, managerial and commercial aspects of your project. Your work will be carried out in accordance with the company ISO procedures.
- Honours degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a design office environment.
- Chartered Engineer status with Engineers Ireland or ICE or close to obtaining same.
- Highly proficient in the use of Flood Modeller Pro and Tuflow.
- Highly proficient in the use of GIS tools such as MapInfo or equivalent
- Capable of coordination of 3d modelling outputs from hydraulic models to drawings.
- Familiar with the requirements and application of the Flood Risk Management Guidelines to site development designs.
- Familiar with the preparation of Site Specific Flood Risk Assessments up to Stage 3 requirements.
- An excellent understanding of the engineering principles behind drainage, water, roads and traffic system design.
- Familiarity with DMURS.
- Experience in compiling engineering planning documentation for major projects.
- The ability to identify and apply appropriate scientific methods to solve engineering problems plus knowledge of the limitations of established best practice as defined by Standards and Codes.
- Plan and manage the use of human and physical resources for your projects
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Understanding of the Irish regulatory and policy issues.
- Appreciation of the full Project Delivery Process including GCCC Contracts.
- Knowledge of costing and options appraisal.
- Knowledge and understanding of how projects are financed and how funds are obtained and managed.
- Commitment to CPD.
- A proactive approach with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios.
A comprehensive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate which includes competitive salary in line with experience, company pension and a commitment to ongoing training and development. PUNCH Consulting Engineers are a highly progressive Engineering consultancy dedicated to continuous investment in technology, a company where staff are given maximum opportunity to utilise their academic qualifications and professional skillset in a collaborative and innovative working environment.
Please submit your CV by email to Vacancies@punchconsulting.com quoting ref. P-FCEBack to top