Graduate Structural Engineer – Glasgow
At PUNCH Consulting we are looking for a Graduate Structural Engineer in our office in Glasgow. We are looking for motivated and ambitious graduate engineer to join our team to help us deliver major projects all over the country.
You will possess a degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, Masters level would be preferred, and be a graduate member of either the Institution of Structural Engineers or Institution of Civil Engineers.
You will have experience of working within an Engineering Consultancy environment with a minimum of 3 years’ professional experience gained within the EU, possess a working knowledge of modern design software packages, i.e. TEDDS, AutoCAD & Tekla Structural Designer as well as design codes and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
As a graduate engineer you will work under the guidance of a more senior member of staff. You should confer regularly with these people to ensure the progress and scope of your work as intended by the project manager. Your work will be reviewed and approved prior to issue. You will be involved in smaller scale projects or discrete elements of larger scale projects.
During your period as a Graduate Engineer with the company you will receive continuous on the job training and take part in the CPD programme that occurs during Office hours. It is also expected that you will undertake CPD out of office hours by the attendance at lectures, seminars etc + technical reading
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Detail design of structures in steel, concrete, masonry and timber, using a combination of hand calculations and design software packages.
- Liaise with CAD & REVIT technicians to produce drawings that reflect design outputs.
- Site monitoring with senior staff to ensure compliance with project specification.
- Attendance at Design / Client / Site meetings accompanied by senior staff.
- Input to the production of technical reports.
- Achieve familiarity and proficiency with PUNCH design philosophy, process and software.
- Develop effective communication skills to facilitate written and verbal interaction with colleagues, team members, contractors and Clients as necessary
- Develop understanding of geotechnical issues
- Assist civil engineers with drainage design, roads design, and services design, and build knowledge of principles.
- Achieve familiarity with and implement company ISO Procures.
- Develop Efficient & proactive work practices, thereby contributing to projects that are delivered efficiently, profitably and on programme.
- Designs and detailing in accordance with latest company standards.
- Clear, concise and user friendly written and verbal communication.
- Minimum of 35 hours relevant CPD per year.
- Increasing effectiveness and efficiency in the work process.
- Well Structured and clear project reports.
- Development of technical skills on real world projects.
Commitment to the I.Struct.E and I.C.E. Initial Professional Development (IPD) programmes.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a CV to email@example.com to arrange for an interview. Please quote ‘Graduate Engineer Vacancy – Glasgow’ in the title.Back to top