Senior Civil Engineer – Dublin/Cork/Limerick/Galway
PUNCH Consulting Engineers have a vacancy for a Senior Civil Engineer. This position is available at any of our four offices, depending on the location of the successful candidate.
As a senior civil engineer you will be working closely with senior managers on the delivery of major projects. You will be responsible for the technical, managerial and commercial aspects of your project. Your work will be carried out in accordance with the company ISO procedures.
- Chartered Engineer status with Engineers Ireland or ICE.
- Honours degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a design office environment.
- An excellent understanding of the engineering principles behind drainage, water, roads and traffic system design.
- Familiarity with DMURS.
- Experience in compiling engineering planning documentation for major projects.
- Experience of producing Flood Risk Assessments.
- Experience in the preparation of Traffic & Transportation Assessments and Mobility Management Plans.
- Road Safety Audit experience beneficial.
- IT skills – including MS Word, Excel, basic AutoCAD skills + company design software packages including Linsig, Causeway Flow, MicroDrainage, TRICs, Tuflow, HEC-RAS, EPANet.
- The ability to identify and apply appropriate scientific methods to solve engineering problems plus knowledge of the limitations of established best practice as defined by Standards and Codes
- Plan and manage the use of human and physical resources for your projects
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Understanding of the Irish regulatory and policy issues
- Appreciation of the full Project Delivery Process including GCCC Contracts
- Knowledge of costing and options appraisal
- Knowledge and understanding of how projects are financed and how funds are obtained and managed
- Commitment to CPD and competence.
- A proactive approach with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios.
A comprehensive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate which includes competitive salary in line with experience, company pension and a commitment to ongoing training and development. PUNCH Consulting Engineers are a highly progressive Engineering consultancy dedicated to continuous investment in technology, a company where staff are given maximum opportunity to utilise their academic qualifications and professional skillset in a collaborative and innovative working environment.
Send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref. P-SCEBack to top