Senior Civil Technician – Dublin Office
At PUNCH Consulting we are looking for a Senior Civil Technician to work with our team in our Dublin office.
Punch Consulting is one of Irelands leading indigenous Civil and Structural Engineering firms. Founded in 1973, we have offices in Dublin, Limerick, Cork, Galway and Glasgow. We work on a broad range of projects across such sectors as healthcare, education, conservation, retail, residential, civil infrastructure and environmental. Our reputation is synonymous with Quality and Trust. Punch is renowned for its ability to deliver first class Innovate solutions across a multidisciplinary spectrum and is a notable award winner at the prestigious annual RIAI, ICE and ACEI award ceremonies.
We are now seeking an ambitious and highly skilled Civil Technician to join our team to deliver the high-profile engineering projects for which we are known.
As a Senior Technician you will develop not only your technical skills but also your management and commercial skills. Your primary role will be in the production of civil engineering drawings and designs, and you will work closely with the engineering and technician teams to produce deliverables which meet the high expectations of the company. You will receive on the job training and take part in the CPD programme that occurs during Office hours. It is also expected that you will undertake CPD out of office hours by the attendance on lectures, seminars and technical reading etc.
Key Responsibilities & Activities
- Full responsibility for the technical and managerial delivery of drawings and schedules for projects.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with the company ISO procedures.
- Responsible for project delivery working to budget while ensuring the most efficient use of resources and effective work practices are being adhered to always.
- Review concept and technical correctness of work prepared by other technicians.
- Develop new client relationships while ensuring the continued management and growth of existing client relationships
- Responsible for the development of direct reports through mentoring, delegation and training.
- Ensure that quality of output is maintained at a high standard.
- Responsible for supporting engineers in the production of engineering drawings and schedules.
- Attendance at meetings.
- On request deputise for the Technician Manager
Key Deliverables & Attributes
- Proven technical knowledge across civil and or structural engineering discipline with the ability to apply engineering principles and codes of practice.
- Responsible for the technical and managerial aspects of significant projects from inception to handover.
- Clear, concise and user friendly written and verbal communication.
- Significant base of IT skills in the relevant discipline, including proficiency in specialist software such as AutoCAD, Civils 3D, WinDes, and Autotrack. Good proficiency is required in the use of MS Word and Excel. You will also require a good understanding of MapInfo, QGIS, Arcady, Picady, Linsig, EPANET and REVIT.
- Demonstrate highly efficient work practices and effective use of resources with a focus on avoiding abortive work and operating within budget.
- A successful track record working closely in partnership with Clients, Contractors, other members of the design team and colleagues.
- Leadership skills to plan, manage and direct human resources required to solve complex problems in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to identify and nurture new client relationships while managing and enhancing existing relationships.
- High level of commercial understanding and application is essential to the success of the role.
- Ongoing commitment of CPD with a minimum of 14 hours relevant CPD per year (attained in and out of office hours).
- Ambitious, career oriented with a willingness and desire to take on increased levels of responsibility and autonomy over time.
- Adaptable and flexible with a can do attitude comfortable working in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
- Commitment to the public interest in all aspects of your work including health, safety, risk, financial, commercial, legal, environmental, social, energy conservation, sustainability
You will possess a Level 6 Higher Certificate in Civil Engineering or equivalent, have a minimum of 6 years post graduate experience and have attained Technician Membership status at Engineers Ireland or equivalent professional body.
The successful candidate will get the opportunity to gain unparalleled experience working on a wide variety of interesting and complex projects as part of a highly dynamic and experienced team with a huge emphasis on training and development of staff at every stage of their career. The company offers excellent working conditions including a comprehensive remuneration package, flexitime options, an active sports and social club and is a noted employer within the industry for its ability to develop and maintain its staff.
If interested in applying for this opportunity, please forward an up to date CV together with your covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref. P-DSCTBack to top