Senior Roads Engineer – Dublin/Cork/Limerick/Galway
PUNCH Consulting Engineers have a vacancy for a Senior Civil Engineer specialising in Roads/Highways/Greenways. This position is available at any of our four offices, depending on the location of the successful candidate.
As a Senior Roads engineer you will be working closely with senior managers on the delivery of major projects. You will be responsible for the technical, managerial and commercial aspects of your project. Your work will be carried out in accordance with the company ISO procedures.
- Honours degree in Civil Engineering.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a design office environment.
- Chartered Engineer status with Engineers Ireland or ICE or close to obtaining same.
- Highly proficient in the use of Traffic Analysis programs such as Junctions 9 and Linsig.
- Highly proficient in design of roadways and cycleways/greenways to standards set by TII, DMURS and NCM.
- Highly proficient in schematic and detailed design of junctions (priority/signalised/roundabouts) to the standards set by TII.
- Familiar with the use of 3d modelling packages such as Civil 3d or 12d.
- Familiar with the preparation of Traffic and Transportation Assessments for planning purposes.
- Project management experience and experience in performing the role of Employers Representative for public projects.
- An excellent understanding of the engineering principles behind drainage, water, roads and traffic system design.
- Experience in compiling engineering planning documentation for major projects.
- The ability to identify and apply appropriate scientific methods to solve engineering problems plus knowledge of the limitations of established best practice as defined by Standards and Codes.
- Plan and manage the use of human and physical resources for your projects
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- Understanding of the Irish regulatory and policy issues.
- Appreciation of the full Project Delivery Process including GCCC Contracts.
- Knowledge of costing and options appraisal.
- Knowledge and understanding of how projects are financed and how funds are obtained and managed.
- Commitment to CPD.
- A proactive approach with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios.
A comprehensive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate which includes competitive salary in line with experience, company pension and a commitment to ongoing training and development. PUNCH Consulting Engineers are a highly progressive Engineering consultancy dedicated to continuous investment in technology, a company where staff are given maximum opportunity to utilise their academic qualifications and professional skillset in a collaborative and innovative working environment.
Send your CV together with a covering letter to email@example.com quoting ref. P-SREBack to top