Senior Structural Engineer – Dublin/Limerick/Cork/Galway
PUNCH Consulting Engineers have a vacancy for a Senior Structural Engineer. This position is available at any of our four offices, depending on the location of the successful candidate.
As a senior engineer you will be working closely with senior managers on the delivery of major structural projects. You will be responsible for the technical, managerial and commercial aspects of your project. Your work will be carried out in accordance with the company ISO procedures.
- Honours degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years postgraduate experience in engineering consultancy.
- Chartered Status with Engineers Ireland or close to applying for chartership.
- A sound understanding of engineering principles and a strong technical focus, ability to apply engineering principles and codes of practice to solve technical problems.
- Excellent conceptual design abilities to provide robust and economical solutions.
- Significant base of IT skills including;
- Word, Excel, Power Point, MS Project
- Structural design software such as CADS, SCIA, Fastrack, STRAP, TEDDS, etc.
- The ability to source and use new design software to benefit project work.
- Independent judgement in the application of engineering science and knowledge including complex design, construction and management.
- Leadership skills to plan, manage and direct human, material and financial resources required to solve complex problems in multi-disciplinary teams.
- High level of commercial understanding and application.
- Understanding of the Irish regulatory and policy issues.
- Implement full Project Delivery Process including GCC Contracts.
- A successful track record working closely in partnership with clients and contractors and other members of design teams.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written.
- A positive, proactive approach with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios.
- Business Effectiveness – lead by example.
- Commitment to CPD and competence.
A comprehensive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate which includes competitive salary in line with experience, company pension and a commitment to ongoing training and development. PUNCH Consulting Engineers are a highly progressive Engineering consultancy dedicated to continuous investment in technology, a company where staff are given maximum opportunity to utilise their academic qualifications and professional skillset in a collaborative and innovative working environment.
Send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref. P-DSSEBack to top