Structural Project Engineer – Dublin Office
PUNCH Consulting Engineers has a vacancy in its Buildings Division for a Project Engineer based at its Dublin office.
The work will be primarily office based. You will be a member of a team of design engineers involved in the preparation of preliminary design and detailed design of building structures in accordance with statutory requirements, national and international standards and codes of practice. You will assist in the preparation of planning applications, compliance requirements, tender documents and procurement of specialist surveys. You will manage smaller scale projects, monitor construction activities and interface with public and private clients. You will supervise the work of more junior engineers and technicians and site-based staff. You will liaise with CAD technicians to produce drawings that reflect design outputs, and work closely with other members of the design team. You will report to a company Technical Director. All work will be carried out in accordance with the company’s ISO QMS procedures. The position is based in Dublin; however, you will work closely with colleagues in other offices including Cork and Limerick.
- Hold an Honours Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Chartered Engineer status or commitment to attaining Chartered Engineer status
- Applicants must have a minimum 4 years post-graduate experience in a similar role
- Experience in the design of buildings in all the main building materials
- Familiarity with current safety and health (construction) legislation,
- A proactive approach to solving problems with an ability to adapt to changing
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven commitment to CPD
- Own car
Salary range: Competitive
Send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref. P-DPEBack to top