Traffic & Transport
PUNCH has an extensive range of roads design experience. The experience dates back to the inception of the Company and includes primary and district distributor roads, local distributor roads, general access roads, industrial estate roads and minor residential roads. Our Clients include those in both the public and private sectors. Designs undertaken include Greenways, new road / bridge projects, realignment and upgrade of bridges / existing road networks together with urban renewal projects.
The projects include road design, pavement design, safety fencing, drainage, signing and lining, accommodation works, traffic calming schemes, road realignments, footpath construction and repairs. They also include bridge design plus the survey, upgrade, repair, reconstruction of bridges and other structures such as retaining walls.
The following list details a variety of roads projects PUNCH have undertaken.
- Limerick Smarter Travel Route 2
- Newbridge Inner Relief Road, Kildare
- Moneygall Motorway Service Station
- North Quays Development, Waterford
- N2 Slip Road Realignment, Dublin
- R161 to R153 Link Road Navan
- Rathasker Link Road, Co Kildare 1.2km long link road to proposed Outer Relief Road Works included design of signalized junction.
- N51 Flowerhill Urban Renewal Navan, Co Meath, 450m long urban renewal scheme
- N25 Waterford – Ferrybank Roadworks, new construction, reconstruction and overlay of approximately 400m carriageway, two roundabouts, one on N25, new pelican crossing, footpaths and cycle paths
- Kilpeddar Interchange N11, Co Wicklow
- New 4-arm roundabout on the former N18 at Coonagh Limerick, construction of a new 1km long road with 2 No 3-arm roundabouts serving retail development
- UCD Sutherland School of Law Enabling Works including 600m long road with footpath and off road cycle path, signalized junction, two priority junctions, pedestrian crossings
PUNCH also has an extensive range of transportation engineering experience. The Company prepares traffic and transportation assessments (TTAs) and Workplace Travel Plans/ Mobility Management Plans in support of planning applications for both public and private infrastructure.
The following list demonstrates the variety of projects:
- Walkers Road, Limerick – 100 residential units – TTA & MMP
- Horizon Mixed Use Development, Limerick – TTA & MMP
- Daly’s Hill Mixed Use Development, Kilkenny – TTA & MMP
- Shanganagh Castle, Shankill, Dublin – 600 residential units – TTA & MMP
- Analog Devices Limerick, TTA and Work Place Travel Plan for new facility
- Adare Manor Hotel and Resort, TTA and Work Place Travel Plan for extended facility
- Drimnagh Primary Care Centre Dublin, TTA for retail and health primary care centre
- Highfield Hospital, Dublin TTA for 200 hospital beds plus consultants rooms
- National Rehab Hospital Dun Laoghaire, TTA and mobility plan for new 235 bed hospital
- CBC Monkstown School TTA and Work Place Travel Plan
PUNCH use computer modelling programs such as Civil 3d, 12d & AutoCAD for the geometric design of our roads projects. For traffic analysis we use the following computer packages: Junctions 9 (PICADY & ARCADY) & Linsig. Our traffic engineers are familiar with the relevant TII and Local Government Guidelines in order to provide compliant designs for our client. We design roads infrastructure in accordance with the Design Manual for Urban Roads and Streets (DMURS) and the National Cycle Manual (NCM). Based on our years of experience in road and traffic design we can provide advice on best practice and economical solutions for roads projects of varying scales.
Our Services Include:
- Traffic and Transportation Assessments
- Mobility Management Plans
- Workplace Travel Plans
- Geometric Road Design
- Bridge Design
- Pavement Design
- Safety Fencing
- Signage & Linemarking
- Traffic Calming Schemes
For further details on the projects listed and other sample Traffic and Transportation projects that PUNCH has completed, refer to the Traffic and Transportation section of Our Projects, or use the Quicklinks section on this page.
If you wish to discuss possible business opportunities or are looking for further information, please contact:
BE(Civil) (Hons) MSc CEng MIEI