Traffic & Transport
PUNCH has an extensive range of roads design experience. The experience dates back to the inception of the Company and includes primary and district distributor roads, local distributor roads, general access roads, industrial estate roads and minor residential roads. Our Clients include those in both the public and private sectors. Designs undertaken include new road / bridge projects, realignment and upgrade of bridges / existing road networks together with urban renewal projects.
The projects include road design, pavement design, safety fencing, drainage, signing and lining, accommodation works, traffic calming schemes, road realignments, footpath construction and repairs, etc. The also include bridge design plus the survey, upgrade, repair, reconstruction of bridges and other structures such as retaining walls.
The following list details a variety of roads projects PUNCH have undertaken.
- N2 Slip Road Realignment, Dublin
- R161 to R153 Link Road Navan
- Rathasker Link Road, Co Kildare 1.2km long link road to proposed Outer Relief Road Works included design of signalized junction.
- N51 Flowerhill Urban Renewal Navan, Co Meath, 450m long urban renewal scheme
- N25 Waterford –Ferrybank Roadworks, new construction, reconstruction and overlay of approximately 400 metres carriageway, two roundabouts, one on N25, new pelican crossing, footpaths and cycle paths
- Kilpeddar Interchange N11, Co Wicklow
- New 4-arm roundabout on the former N18 at Coonagh Limerick, construction of a new 1km long road with 2 No 3-arm roundabouts serving retail development
• UCD Sutherland School of Law Enabling Works including 600 metre long road with footpath and off road cycle path, signalized junction, two priority junctions , pedestrian crossings
PUNCH also has an extensive range of transportation engineering experience. The Company prepares traffic and transportation assessments (TTAs) and work place travel plans (formally known as mobility plans) in support of planning applications for both public and private infrastructure.
The following list demonstrates the variety of projects.
- Analog Devices Limerick, TTA and Work Place Travel Plan for new facility
- Adare Manor Hotel and Resort, TTA and Work Place Travel Plan for extended facility
- Drimnagh Primary Care Centre Dublin, TTA for retail and health primary care centre
- Highfield Hospital, Dublin TTA for 200 hospital beds plus consultants rooms
- National Rehab Hospital Dun Laoghaire, TTA and mobility plan for new 235 bed hospital
- CBC Monkstown School TTA and Work Place Travel Plan
- Clarecastle Housing Development Clare TTA for 307 houses development
- Dunboyne Integrated Area Action Plan TTA for 42 hectares of land to the north of Dublin.
PUNCH use computer modelling programs such as Civil 3d, 12d & AutoCAD for the geometric design of our roads projects. For traffic analysis we use the following computer packages: TRL PICADY, ARCADY & Linsig. Our traffic engineers are familiar with the relevant TII and Local Government Guidelines in order to provide compliant designs for our client. Based on our years of experience in road and traffic design we can provide advice on best practice and economical solutions for roads projects of varying scales.
Our Services Include:
- Traffic and Transportation Assessments
- Mobility Management Plans
- Workplace Travel Plans
- Geometric Road Design
- Bridge Design
- Pavement Design
- Safety Fencing
- Signage & Linemarking
- Traffic Calming Schemes
For further details on the projects listed and other sample Traffic and Transportation projects that PUNCH has completed, refer to the Traffic and Transportation section of Our Projects, or use the Quicklinks section on this page.
If you wish to discuss possible business opportunities or are looking for further information, please contact:
BEng(Hons) PGDipHSC MIEI MIOSH